Registration and Tuition
A non-refundable $40 (Individual) or $55 (Family) Registration Fee is due at time of enrollment. A 5% discount will be applied to total tuition for families who enroll two or more students. Tuition is based on a 10 Month School Year rate from August through May. Thirty-eight weeks of instruction are included in the tuition. Tuition is calculated by the total number of classes per year, with a choice of three payment options:
- Option 1: Annual Plan – Due on or before August 2, 2021
- Option 2: Semester Plan – Due on or before August 2, 2021 and January 3, 2022
- Option 3: Ten Monthly Equal Payments Plan – Monthly payments due on or before the first of the month (August – May)
CLASSES PER WEEK
9 MONTH EQUAL PAYMENT PLAN
10 Month Dance Year
Two Semester Payments
Two Semester Payments
10 Equal Payments
August - April
|1 Preschool (45 min)||$470.00||$235.00||$235.00||$47|
|2 Preschool (1.5 hr)||$610.00||$305.00||$305.00||$61|
|Hours Per Week|
|Unlimited Classes and|
Tuzer Ballet Companies
A $10.00 LATE FEE will be applied to all payments received after the 10th of the month. This $10.00 fee will be assessed monthly until the balance is paid. A $35.00 Fee will be charged for any returned checks in addition to the Late Payment Fee.
Monthly statements are not mailed out, but a copy may be obtained upon request from the front desk. Parents are required to keep a credit/debit card on file to be charged automatically on the 1st of each month. Parents who do not keep a card on file are responsible for making timely payments, by calling and giving credit card information over the phone, dropping payment in the mailbox at the school, or mailing:
Tuzer Dance School
310 N. Glenville Dr.
Richardson, TX 75081
Make checks payable to “Tuzer Dance School.“
Students will be automatically enrolled each month. There are no refunds, pro-rating, or credits for tuition with the exception of late enrollment. Additionally, there are no refunds, pro-rating, or credits for missed classes unless for medical reasons.
In the event that a student needs to withdraw, call and speak to someone at the front desk 30 days prior to the month of withdrawal in order to close the account and prevent from further billing. Accounts remain open and payments will be due until we are instructed to drop. There are no refunds for students dropping after the 1st of the month.
Tuzer Dance School will present our annual recital on Saturday, May 14th, at 6:00 pm, at the Eisemann Center, in Richardson. Rehearsal at the theater will be on Friday, May 13 and/or Saturday morning, May 14th. Recital form and payment are due on Saturday, December 4th.
Class Placement and Attendance
Placement in the appropriate class is important to each student’s skill development and personal growth. For students younger than seven, placement is based mainly on the dancers’ age as of September 1st. For ages seven and older, skill level and experience are the primary considerations. Premature advancement to the next level can have a profound and negative impact on a student’s self-confidence, skill acquisition, and development of proper technique. The instructors’ placement decisions are final and are always intended to be in the best interest of the student.
Students should arrive 5 to 10 minutes before class to stretch and prepare. Students arriving late should step into the studio and wait by the door until the instructor gives permission to join the class. If it is too late to participate, the dancer will be asked to observe class as an alternative learning experience.
Attendance is vital for training and the learning process. Students are expected to attend their assigned classes each week unless an unavoidable problem arises. Class attendance records are taken daily, and excessive absenteeism may result in the dancer’s inability to participate in upcoming performances, as well as inhibit advancement to the next class level. All absences must be excused. Please notify the school as soon as possible at 972.783.1735 if your child will be missing a class. If a student misses a lesson due to illness or family emergency, a make-up class may be scheduled through the school or missed material may be reviewed with the instructor. Students must make up classes in the same level or lower within 30 days of the absence.
As we all follow the impact of COVID-19, Tuzer Dance School would like you to know that the safety of you and your children is our top priority. Our studio is a family and we are working to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and service. We are committed to keeping our dancers healthy and happy.
These guidelines may be updated at any time, contingent upon the current local situations concerning this virus and the variants. We at TUZER will do our part to slow the spread of Covid and protect our dancers, families, staff and the community.
Stay at Home Orders
In the event that local, state or federal officials enact a stay at home order, classes will be held through an online platform and tuition will be adjusted and continue to be charged.
Emergency / Weather Closures
In the event of inclement weather, Tuzer Dance School will follow Richardson Independent School District delays and closings. Therefore, if RISD Schools are closed, then the studio is closed as well. On a non-school day (Saturdays), we will assess the safety of opening the studio and will post our decision to social media. For your convenience, we will also update our outgoing voicemail message at 972-783-1735, Facebook page (www.facebook.com/TuzerDanceSchool) with cancellation information. You may schedule make-up lessons for these missed classes, as refunds cannot be given.
Dance Attire Requirements
There are several dance stores in the area. Sandy’s Dancewear in Plano keeps a stock of our required leotards, skirts, tights, and other dance apparel.
Sandy’s Dancewear (Plano)
Corner of Parker and Independence
3115 W Parker Rd Suite #190 Plano, 75023
You can also visit the Capezio Dallas store on Lovers Lane or find everything you need at Capezio.com. If shopping online, Discount Dance Supply usually carries our required items.
Classes are designed to offer the opportunity for children to learn through a distraction-free environment; in order for students to get the most education and enjoyment from each lesson, the following dress codes are required:
BALLET – GIRLS
- Preschool Division – light pink leotard by SoDanca SL13, light pink skirt by Eurotard style #10127
- Ballet Division – black leotard by SoDanca SL13 children size SL12 adult size. NO ALIGNMENT BELT
- Pink tights. No holes or runs. Tights must be footed and worn inside ballet shoes Acceptable styles: Capezio style #1825, #1916 in color BPK, or Bloch Style #T0921G, #T0935L in color PINK
- Pink leather ballet shoes with elastic across the foot; drawstrings should be tied, cut to 1” and tucked inside shoes
- Preschool & Tap combo students will also need black tap shoes with buckle or elastic straps across the foot
- No underwear should be worn with leotard and tights; no over-garments should be worn into the studios
- Hair must be pulled back into a very neat “ballet bun” with an invisible hair net or crocheted bun cover
- Short hair must be secured with a headband and all bangs pinned away from the face
- Hair must be neat in order to participate in class. Hair supply kits are available at the front desk
- No jewelry or watches other than small earrings. No long fingernails or fingernail polish!
BALLET – BOYS
- White, fitted T-shirt by Body Wrappers style #B400 for boys and #M400 for men
- Black convertible boys ballet tights by Body Wrappers style #B90 or black dance shorts by Body Wrappers style #B192
- Thin white crew socks and white leather ballet shoes with single elastic sewn across the foot, no criss–cross elastic
- Male dance belts for upper levels
CONTEMPORARY / MODERN
- Any style of solid colored leotard with pink or black footless tights, or footless unitard. Black leggings permitted. NO SHIRTS.
- Only tight fitting dancewear apparel permitted; Barefoot, Foot Undies, or Dance Paws for feet; Hair in ponytail or bun
- Only tight fitting dancewear apparel permitted. Any style of solid colored leotard. Jazz pants, tights or shorts. NO BOXERS. Fitted dance shorts are allowed. No shirts (of any kind) over leotard; Hair in ponytail or bun
- Black oxford tap shoes (lace-up style)
Policies & Procedures Booklet
(Please have ADOBE PDF Reader Installed)